ESPGHAN Constitution: Proposed updates for 2024
Dear ESPGHAN Members, friends and colleagues,
As you may have seen recently, we asked for your feedback on the Kienbaum report recommendations for changes to our Constitution, relating to AHP voting rights, changes in Membership application procedures, and Young ESPGHAN Chair to form a part of the Executive Committee. The results of the survey can be found here.
Based on the feedback received, you will find below:
– Proposed Changes to the Constitution and pending items
– Deadline for feedback and next stepsSincerely,
ESPGHAN Executive Committee
Ulrich Baumann, Mary Fewtrell, Lorenzo D’Antiga
Proposed changes to Constitution
The proposed changes to the Constitution can be found here.
The main updates, based on the feedback from our consultation survey, will be:
– AHP to have voting rights
– Removal of reference to current member voting and letters of support for new applicants
– Confirmation of Young ESPGHAN Chair position on the Executive Committee (non-voting)
To be discussed further in Council will be:
– Whether to have deadlines or a completely open application process
– Whether to implement the template suggestion and define who would be authorised to sign for the process of authenticating the potential member
– Whether Council should ratify membership decisions made by the General Secretary and Office
The outcomes from the above discussions would be relevant to the Rules and Regulations and will be shared with the members before finalisation.
Deadline for feedback and next steps
We kindly ask for your feedback on the changes before the 1st of February. All comments/suggestions will be taken into account and the final proposed draft will be disseminated to members no later than one month before the next AGM.
The documents can also be found in the members area of the ESPGHAN website.
All queries and comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESPGHAN What’s New – December 2023