ESPGHAN What’s New – October 2023
Dear ESPGHAN Members, friends and colleagues,
After a busy month of meetings and successful educational events, planning for our Annual Meeting in May 2024 is underway and we are looking forward to finalising an exciting scientific programme. For all Congress updates, please visit our dedicated website.
ESPGHAN Executive Committee
Ulrich Baumann, Mary Fewtrell, Lorenzo D’Antiga
Upcoming Open Positions
ESPGHAN Open PositionsUpcoming open positions for 2024 include:
– President Elect
– General Secretary
– Scientific Secretary
– JPGN Editor
Deadline for application will be 07.01.2024
Open Committee Positions 2024
-2 open positions on the GI Committee
– 3 open positions on the Hepatology Committee
– 3 open positions on the Nutrition Committee
– 2 open positions on the Young ESPGHAN Committee
More information on the roles can be found here.
Important Information for Members
ESPGHAN Educational Events
The 2023 educational event schedule is now listed in the Knowledge Centre on the society website. Our 2024 event schedule will be available in coming weeks.
Monothematic Conference on Portal Hypertension: Deadline 15.11.2023.
ESPGHAN Webinars (Times in CET)
Update on the Management of Children with Wilson’s Disease: 28.11.2023 17:00-18:00
Coeliac Disease: Talking to your Immunologist: 30.11.2023 17:00-18:00
Young ESPGHAN Webinars (Times in CET)
pH impedance – How to: 15.11.2023 17:00-18:00
Approach to abnormal LFTS: 29.11.2023 17:00-18:00
Please contact the ESPGHAN Office to register.
Reminder: Important Information for new JPGN contract
As part of JPGN’s forthcoming change in publisher from Wolters Kluwer to Wiley, beginning with the January 2024 issue JPGN will be discontinuing print distribution of journal copies to ESPGHAN members.
- Members will continue to have online access to the journal, but will be issued an updated login and password to Wiley’s online platform
- Wiley will be reaching out to members via email with instructions on how to set up their access to the journal before the end of 2023
- Members who are interested in continuing to receive print copies of JPGN will have the option to purchase a print-on-demand subscription from Wiley at a discounted member rate. Instructions on how to place this order will be available in the coming weeks.
We have been alerted to recent phishing emails reportedly from the ESPGHAN President which ultimately leads to a request for a money transfer. Please be vigilant of these mails, checking the address carefully before responding. ESPGHAN Officers will never approach members for payments and if unsure, please forward any suspicious mails to the ESPGHAN Office for confirmations on authenticity.